As I said in my last HuffPost Article, the baby I was prepared for - the aftermath to my body I was not. Although no words can really describe it, I thought I would give it the old college try:
1. Squirt Bottle (Given at Hospital)
2. Ice Diaper (Use newborn size, since you will probably have extra)
3. Stool Softeners (Colace or Target Brand)
4. Depends Fit-Flex (Sexy), Regular Pads, Panty Liners
5. Sitz Bath (Given at Hospital)
6. Belly Bandit (Got mine at Destination Maternity)
7. Nursing Gowns (Target or Motherhood Maternity)
8. Oatmeal (My fav are Quaker Oats individual Real Medley's)
9. Nursing Pads (Lansinoh or Target Brand)
10. Nipple Cream (Medela Lanolin & Mother's Love)
- You will also need all of the above (minus ice diapers & sitz bath) because you will bleed as well. Your body needs to get rid of stuff too.
- I reached out to my friends and they said that they avoided bikini briefs and chose high waisted underwear/depends/mesh underwear from hospital to avoid rubbing against the scar.
- It's best to keep the scar clean and air dry it as much as possible.
- The binder they give you to wear is clutch!
If this scared the hell out of you, I really do apologize. But sometimes if you go into something and know what's in store, it's not as bad as it sounds. That is my hope for you my friends :)
Comment below if you have any other suggestions or tips for mamas-to-be!